The Annual State Conference of Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists, KERALA
ISACON KERALA 2019 – OCTOBER 18,19,&20TH by ISA THRISSUR CITY BRANCH
Free Paper/ e-Poster/ Participation Guidelines:
- Only an ISA member or ISA Associate member or attendee awaiting ISA membership are eligible to submit abstract and participate in e-Poster/ Poster Standee presentation / Free Paper.
- The presenter should register for CME and CONFERENCE to do e-Poster/ Free Paper presentation.
- All Anaesthesia post-graduate students should submit Bonafide certificate from the HOD of the corresponding institutes.
- All presenters for any of the above category should personally register on Saturday 19th october between 9 am – 10 am at the conference venue to confirm their participation in the above event.
- The final date for abstract submission for the above event is 15-09-2019.
- e-Poster/ Best Poster n / Free Paper scientific content must be original in nature and should not have been published or presented in previous CME and Conference.
- It is mandatory for the first (main) author to be the presenting author and the award will only be presented to the first author.
- The presenters can submit one abstract as presenting author for e.-Poster/ Poster Standee presentation / Free Paper presentation i.e. only one e-Poster ± one free paper per person is allowed.
Candidates whose abstracts have been accepted/rejected will be intimated via e-mail only.
- In case of any controversy, the decision of scientific committee shall be final.
Abstract Format Guidelines:
Studies will be taken for Free paper presentation and case reports for e-Poster presentation.
Word Limit: The abstract must be within 250 words(excluding references) (Note: Graphs/tables/Images should not to be included in the abstract).
Language: Abstract must be typed and presented in English.
Font Type: Abstracts should be prepared in Microsoft Word, Times New Roman Font, 12 point with single line spacing, with the title in boldface.
Content: 1. Objective: State the main objective of the presentation. 2. Materials and methods: Briefly describe the design of the study and how it was conducted. 3. Results: Present the main results with appropriate statistics. 4. Conclusion: Limit the conclusions to those that are directly supported by the results. 5. Keywords. 6. Institutional Ethical Committee (IEC) approval letter must accompany with soft copies of free paper presentation.
Do not begin sentences with numerals. Standard abbreviations may be used without definition. It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author.
Guidelines Free Paper presentation:
Selected Free papers will be allowed for Podium presentation.
Language: Free Paper must be typed and presented in English.
- Results (with ONLY ONE most relevant table/ image/graph/illustration)
- References (Two references which are most relevant to the study)
The scientific committee will come to the conclusion on the Free papers that is to be presented on podium. Once selected for podium presentation the presenter will be contacted by e-mail.
The first author should be available in person during podium presentation on specific date and time which will be informed by e-mail to the concerned person.
On the day of presentation, a laptop with MS Windows will be provided. Personal laptops will not be permitted. All presentations should be prepared on and saved as MS PowerPoint.
Please check and be present at your allocated time slot for the podium presentation. The presenter will be provided an overall time of 8 minutes for presentation and 2 minutes for discussion.
Guidelines for e-Poster preparation:
All e-Posters will be displayed digitally.
Language: e-Posters must be typed and presented in English.
- CASE REPORT
- References (Two references which are most relevant to the presentation)
e-Posters are to be designed on single slide MS Power Point or Templates. The e-Poster should be static. Please do not embed any dynamic visual elements. The first author should be available in person during the presentation to judges on specific date and time which will be informed by mail to the concerned person.
Please check and be present at your allocated time slot for the e-Poster judging. The presenter will be provided an overall time of 5 minutes for presentation and 3 minutes for discussion. The e-Posters submitted will be deemed as final. No further changes to the e-Poster will be allowed.
Note: All rights are reserved to the scientific committee to reproduce the e-Poster/ Best Poster Standee presentation / Free Paper materials in future for educational purposes or printing or publishing with due credentials to the author.
Poster Presentation Sample Format: